Re: Changing Passwords

Hi,

Administrator account (or mambers of Administrators group) is a user who
will be administering machine so it has to have full control. It's normal
and logical that 2nd admin can change same things as 1st.

You can try prevent him from open some applets from Control Panel or access
to Control Panel (gpedit.msc -> User configuration -> Control Panel) or
simply change 2nd user from Administrator to Power user.

Marcin Domaslawski

U¿ytkownik "Jake" <Jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
Hi, I am running windows xp hoe edition, NTFS, and am an administrator
along
with one other person who also has an administrator account. I was
wondering
if there is any way to prevent someone from changing your password? (I
don't
mind if they can still change it in Command Prompt they're to dumb to
figure
out how to do that.) I don't see the point in having an administrator
account
where another administrator can change your password and log on as you.
Thanks, any help appeciated.

  • Administrator password during WinXP installation?
    ... password when WinXP Professional boots up to the WinXP ... Professional installation for the Administrator account ...
  • Re: Help - administrator locked out!
    ... a DC the local administrator account 'goes away'. ... pretty sure I should be able to remember the local admin password. ... The Administrator account shouldn't have it's password set to expire ... I'm not knocking your career choice but it's your practices that got ...
  • RE: SP4 error
    ... Can you check whether the Administrator account has got Full control ... In case you set the file access permission for administrators ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)
  • RE: Corrupt Administrator Account?
    ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... Standard SP1 and an Administrator account can not log onto any client ... it will have the administrator privilege on your workstation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Administrator for dummies please
    ... Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer ... You should see Administrator as one of the users. ... Administrator account en route (the thing I had to do at c> was a one-off ... Since you have XP MCE the built-in Administrator is available in regular ...