Re: How to permit the domain user to register dll & ocx files

Shanthi wrote:
I am using Win2000 prof as a client with domain user permission. Previously I was in Local Administrators group on my system and able to register the dll & ocx files which are created by me. As a security Policy, all local adminsitrators on client systems are removed and retained with domain user privileges.

How do I register the dll files? Please help me to overcome.

Do you need the user to register the DLLs for everyone or just themselves? If it's just themselves, look at http://www.codeproject.com/w2k/regsvrex.asp

  • Re: How to "register" a dll, or other file?
    ... First off regsvr32 file.ocx should never fail. ... usually made by Visual Basic and ActiveX (dll and ocx) made by Visual Basic ... > I tried to register some .dlls and .ocxs on the Microsoft Register Server, ... Visual Basic such as ActiveX dlls are and all ocx files. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Tool to register DLL & OCX files
    ... to register it. ... Is there a tool that can re-register all DLL and OCX files in one try? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Registering a custom DLL after deployment - advice?
    ... Register property to vsdraCOM - and leave the output as content ... I added the dll and the tlb and set the build action to ... publishing and invoke the .bat file. ... The custom dll is for the Access ADP. ...
  • Re: Self registering a COM dll in a VS2003 Windows setup project...
    ... Most of the Register settings extract the settings at build time and put the ... at install time. ... code in that DLL is doing something that isn't being put into the MSI file. ... I have not been able to make a customized Redemption dll ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup)
  • Re: IMailRuleClient wont work!!!
    ... Does your DLL properly export DllRegisterServer and DllGetClassObject? ... > So i have tested manually register the COM. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)