Re: Please Help Me..uninstall pcillin

Ria <Ria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snipped for length>

Ok I truly understand...since I am a writer I see there are many
copywrite issues here...you have helped me tremendously...I do thank
you and will do what you suggested....I have only had this for a
week so I didnt think to flatten it as you say..now if I can only
find my way to rating you LOL..I am not used to this forum and have
not been here before but I am sure I will return...I hope I can find
how to rate you as you deserve a 10 in a 1 to 10....thanks much..Ria

<blush> Aww, don't worry about it. I'm glad I was able to help you. I
continually get a lot of help from others in the groups too; they're a very
useful resource. This is actually a newsgroup, not a forum - you're
accessing it through the web interface, which makes it *look* like a forum.
However, that isn't really the best way to use these groups and you might
consider switching to a news client for better results.

The following is cribbed shamelessly from a post by MVP Malke Routh:

--------------------
Here's information on Usenet and using a newsreader:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlo...ssnewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...wto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

Some newsreaders for Windows
http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.php - for Forte
http://www.mozilla.org (Thunderbird does newsgroups)
http://gravity.tbates.org/

  • Re: help understanding authentication on workgroups
    ... Newsgroups are sometimes referred to as forums. ... In all my searching I didn't end up seeing the links you provided. ... I just wanted you to know that this isn't a "forum" and there ... Using Outlook Express as Newsreader: ...
  • Re: CCsvchost.exe?
    ... I am new to this forum and can't seem to find a way to post a NEW ... Most people access Usenet directly with a newsreader. ... Your issue is with a Norton file so you need to contact Symantec tech ... Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express Newsreader ...
  • Re: help understanding authentication on workgroups
    ... In all my searching I didn't end up seeing the links you provided. ... I just wanted you to know that this isn't a "forum" and there ... some links to information about newsgroups: ... Using Outlook Express as Newsreader: ...
  • Re: Home Network
    ... Hi - This isn't a forum; ... but are really sucking off Usenet posts from the Microsoft newsgroups. ... - Set Up Newsreader ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • FAQ von de.sci.genealogie <2005-10-01> v1.37
    ... Newsgroups und Newsreader ... Wo erhalte ich Hilfestellung im Umgang mit Newsgroups? ... Die Einleitungszeile, welche vielfach vom Newsreader vorgegeben wird, hat ...
    (de.sci.genealogie)