Re: Critical Update downloads

yes
peter
"AliceZ" <AliceZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:12CCCBFE-0B16-4477-8D8E-7AB28FE2942F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, I do NOT have to have MS shut down and restart my computer after each
time Critical Updates are downloaded.
And I can simply click on the "CONTINUE" button and then I will be allowed
to continue working online (without shut-down)?

Thank you

================
"peter" wrote:

You can continue to work online and the changes will NOT take effect
until
you reboot....eventually
peter
"AliceZ" <AliceZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
After I download the Critical Updates, I notice it says "You will have
restart your computer for the change to take effect." When I click on
OK,
Microsoft shuts down my AOL and restarts my computer. Then I have to
sign-on
to AOL again.
Is it necessary for Miscrosoft to shut down my computer, or is there
any
way
i can continue to continue working online?
I believe I saw another "button" that read: "Continue." If I clicked
that,
would I be allowed to stay online?
I would prefer to remain online, rather than have MS shut down my
computer
and disconnect me from AOL.
(I hope I have made my question understandable.)

.