Re: Critical Update downloads

yes
peter
"AliceZ" <AliceZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:12CCCBFE-0B16-4477-8D8E-7AB28FE2942F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, I do NOT have to have MS shut down and restart my computer after each
time Critical Updates are downloaded.
And I can simply click on the "CONTINUE" button and then I will be allowed
to continue working online (without shut-down)?

Thank you

================
"peter" wrote:

You can continue to work online and the changes will NOT take effect
until
you reboot....eventually
peter
"AliceZ" <AliceZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
After I download the Critical Updates, I notice it says "You will have
restart your computer for the change to take effect." When I click on
OK,
Microsoft shuts down my AOL and restarts my computer. Then I have to
sign-on
to AOL again.
Is it necessary for Miscrosoft to shut down my computer, or is there
any
way
i can continue to continue working online?
I believe I saw another "button" that read: "Continue." If I clicked
that,
would I be allowed to stay online?
I would prefer to remain online, rather than have MS shut down my
computer
and disconnect me from AOL.
(I hope I have made my question understandable.)

  • Re: RPC
    ... Marc Reynolds ... Microsoft Technical Support ... > shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM then it> also says that windows must restart because of the Remote> Procedure Call service terminated unexpectedely. ... It is so annoying to be> working online on assignments then it logs off and> restarts by itself, I never seem to get anything done> like this....HELP ME PLEASE!!!! ...
  • Re: Critical Update downloads
    ... You can continue to work online and the changes will NOT take effect until ... restart your computer for the change to take effect." ... Microsoft shuts down my AOL and restarts my computer. ...