Re: Opening an orphaned Private Folder ???
- From: "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:28:33 -0600
"Mitchell Carpentry" <Mitchell Carpentry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D91CF2DF-1BE7-4ED8-837F-D341BE7462A5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I lost my MBRecord plus some and reinstalled XP to a new drive, now am
recovering data from the damaged drive. I cannot open folders set as
"Private" Under Folder properties --> Sharing on the old drive.. Since the
old windows installation on that drive is lost, I don't know how to reset
permissions for these folders. Can anyone help???
If you hadn't encrypted the data files (which could not have been done with WinXP Home), you may be facing nothing more than a simple permissions issue. Have you tried taking ownership of the old folders?
HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in WinXP
Help us help you:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell
- Prev by Date: Re: I am the Administrator
- Next by Date: Re: Why isn't KB925902 a re-release of MS07-008?
- Previous by thread: Re: I am the Administrator
- Next by thread: Re: Opening an orphaned Private Folder ???