Local Security Settings: why the long string *S-1-5-23498...?

Local Security Settings: why the long string *S-1-5-23498...? where
Admin, Power User, User are.

Sometimes this long string is found together where the traditionally
defined users (Admin, Power User, etc) are.

Since I program in Visual Studio and recently added SQL Server 2005, I
surmise perhaps this was added by those programs for their own
purposes, perhaps debugging?

THen again it could be a hacker?!

Anybody else having these strings in your Local Security Settings?

I have a standalone PC connected to the internet through a firewalled
DSL modem.

RL

.