Re: How to add a System Service Exception (Windows XP Firewall)

ryanmhuc@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Apr 2, 10:19 am, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwe...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ryanm...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
How do you add a system service exception to the windows xp
professional sp2 firewall. Just like the "File and Printer Sharing"
or "Remote Desktop" preconfigured exceptions. Thanks!

Group policy?

I can't find any documentation anywhere to add it under the group
policy editor. Do you know of any?

See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/abouttn/flash/tips/tips_083105.mspx
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/6490c9fc-6c06-4304-b61c-5577af1445d01033.mspx?mfr=true

  • Re: Complex password in Domain GPO not applying anywhere.
    ... that are appropiate and they always help me push downtime by using ... documentation of known problems. ... because of the locked-down security that was originally set on the FRS ... Group Policy, the policy engine no longer has the permission to set ...
  • Re: Restricting explorer.exe
    ... explorer.exe and see just what happens to your Windows Desktop. ... The particular group policy that let's you specify filenames ... of binary files has its limitations as the documentation for that setting ...
  • Re: How to add a System Service Exception (Windows XP Firewall)
    ... Just like the "File and Printer Sharing" or ... "Remote Desktop" preconfigured exceptions. ... Group policy? ...
  • Re: MS Updates seems to have broke the Group Policy for Windows Up
    ... >> older AU client, and since the conversion to Microsoft Updates, those ... >> probably also documented in the WUA SDK (though I've not actually looked at ... >> that documentation). ... >>>I had a group policy that did Windows Updates automatically in my network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Folder Redirection and My Pictures
    ... In configuring folder redirection through Group Policy, the documentation says that "My Pictures" should appear as a subfolder of "My Documents" in the GP Editor and that I can configure it separately ... Any ideas why "My Pictures" isn't showing up as an option in Group Policy Editor? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)