Re: Restore Built-In Administrator Account

Nanda skrev:
Problem Description :

I have deleted the built in Windows - XP Administrator ( deleted the Adminsitrator folder from C:\Documents and Settings\)

Ever since I did that, I not able to uninstall software installed using the default XP admin account.

Recovery Attempted So Far, but all of them failed

1. I Disabled Fast User Switching Option, This does display the traditional UI to login. But my attempts to login using the Built in XP admin account fails

2. My computer > Manage > Local users and Groups > Users
I see the Built in XP Administrator account here, i tried changing the password here. The password change as such is successful but login through Step 1 given above fails

3. Registry : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
Added a DWORD of name "Administrator" with value => 1 , tried step 1 this too failed

4. I tried my luck by creating a new account with the same name as Administrator, this failed

How do I restore the Built-in Administrator without reinstalling the OS, Your suggestions are most welcommed

do a repair-instalation

start with xp-cd, choise repair(consol)

--
/
Demmpa

  • Re: Cannot copy a user profile (Copy To button gets disabled)
    ... Have you tried creating a new admin account, login using it. ... > error that ntuser.data under myaccount's profile is inuse. ... While logged on under Administrator, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Restore Built-In Administrator Account
    ... I not able to uninstall software installed using the default XP admin account. ... But my attempts to login using the Built in XP admin account fails ... I see the Built in XP Administrator account here, i tried changing the password here. ... MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User ...
  • Re: Administrator folder in Documents and Settings - XP Pro
    ... OK your post subject was to long for my subject column so I didn't see the -XP Pro. ... |> If you are using XP Home you have to boot into safe mode to access the | built in administrator ... If you have not done this and have not give the built in Admin | account a password I would ... If you don't give the built in Admin account a password | any 1 with physical access ...
  • Re: Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium
    ... i created an admin account and then ... i set a password for the built in administrator... ... remember my password i can't open it as admin. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Change of Administrtaor for Windows XP pro
    ... > I am Administrator of Home office PC with Windoes XP pro. ... > My daughter, who is limited user, has somehow changed ... Make her login and create a new admin account for you, ... Then create a separate admin account with a different password ...
    (microsoft.public.security)