Re: Registry Seems to be locked by user error or attack

Is he logged in as administrator?

"Matt Jackson" <MattJackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| One of my users tried to load Acrobat 7 and he is getting access denied
| for the registry changes that adobe needs to do for the install. I have
| stripped Norton off the machine and nothing changed. Scans from various
| virus scan sofware have come up blank. Is this a time to just reinstall
| SP2?
| Thank you for your time.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Drive access to particular user
    ... Instead of registry changes you can use local policy on the server (if it is ... this policy to administrator ... Using Group Policy Objects to hide specified drives ...
  • RE: error 193 %1 not a valid Win32 application
    ... Then I found a file named 'program1' on the root of the ... don't understand why loggin in as administrator didn't give me that message. ... > found information stating I may have to make registry changes to correct ...
  • Re: Process User Rights
    ... > I am slightly concerned (not knowing otherwise) about registry changes ... > that cannot be done under Administrator, simply because that is one of ... standard API call to do this I would use it, but there does not appear to be ...