Re: Registry Seems to be locked by user error or attack

Is he logged in as administrator?

"Matt Jackson" <MattJackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| One of my users tried to load Acrobat 7 and he is getting access denied
notes
| for the registry changes that adobe needs to do for the install. I have
| stripped Norton off the machine and nothing changed. Scans from various
| virus scan sofware have come up blank. Is this a time to just reinstall
XP
| SP2?
|
| Thank you for your time.

  • Re: Drive access to particular user
    ... Instead of registry changes you can use local policy on the server (if it is ... this policy to administrator http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325351 ... Using Group Policy Objects to hide specified drives ...
  • RE: error 193 %1 not a valid Win32 application
    ... Then I found a file named 'program1' on the root of the ... don't understand why loggin in as administrator didn't give me that message. ... > found information stating I may have to make registry changes to correct ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Process User Rights
    ... > I am slightly concerned (not knowing otherwise) about registry changes ... > that cannot be done under Administrator, simply because that is one of ... standard API call to do this I would use it, but there does not appear to be ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.registry)