Re: Encrytion

Devon,

That can depend on the OS, as can the cypher strength..but here are a few URLs to get you started:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e895bd18-36e5-4229-8424-dff307b155c21033.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/cryptfs.mspx

If you want further info, we will need to know what OS specifically that you are using, as technique can differ dramatically.

Regards,
Mr. Grey
MoDulos?¿
http://www.redsphereglobal.com

devondumpling wrote:
How do I encrypt a folder? Already have the NTFS file system, get to 'Under Compress or Encrypt attributes' I find the 'Encrypt contents to secure data' is greyed out

  • Re: fontmcolor
    ... If this option is selected in Folder Options... ... [[Specifies that the names of files you compress or encrypt on NTFS drives ... Underline links setting in the browser is set to Always or Hover, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Extreme Porn - Hiding your Stash ?
    ... data that we want to encrypt. ... being XORed with the plaintext. ... the breaking of the German Lorenz cypher ... this was because the obscuring characters weren't as random as ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Folder font colour
    ... Compressed NTFS files are displayed in blue. ... If this option is selected in Folder Options... ... [[Specifies that the names of files you compress or encrypt on NTFS drives ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Windows Explorer - File labels in Root Directory in yellow
    ... click on the respective color to change how Explorer displays the ... [[Specifies that the names of files you compress or encrypt on NTFS drives ... Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)