Re: Automatic disk cleanup

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310312

This explains the available options for Disk Cleanup and a little about scheduling...

How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315246

This explains a little more.
Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Automate.htm

Clear the Temporary Internet Files using the Windows XP Disk Cleanup utility
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/clearxptif.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1BD32B5A-ACE9-43C3-B42B-98F6B84F0F61@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Glenn Morgan <GlennMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
Is there a way to set up a scheduled task to clear out Temp and Temporary
Internet Files? I would like to do this automatically before running my
backups (also in a scheduled task), as the default for ntbackup includes
these files for some reason. (Why anyone would want their temporary files
backed up, I have no idea. They're supposed to be temporary, so why treat
them as if they are permanent?)

I guess the other option would be to tweak my backup list so it doesn't
backup these files....

  • Re: deleting update files
    ... I did use disk cleanup and had deleted the internet files through IE7. ... I did find a windows update folder in my Program folder (on the C ... When you hibernate your computer, Windows saves the contents of the system's ... You can control how much space your Temporary Internet Files can utilize... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Task Scheduler not working automatically
    ... How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ... Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Task Scheduler not working automatically
    ... How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ... Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Task Scheduler not working automatically
    ... How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP ... Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Task Scheduler not working automatically
    ... If all you do is schedule cleanmgr.exe, Disk Cleanup will open just waiting for user input. ... Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP ...