Re: Automatic disk cleanup

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310312

This explains the available options for Disk Cleanup and a little about scheduling...

How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315246

This explains a little more.
Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Automate.htm

Clear the Temporary Internet Files using the Windows XP Disk Cleanup utility
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/clearxptif.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1BD32B5A-ACE9-43C3-B42B-98F6B84F0F61@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Glenn Morgan <GlennMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
Is there a way to set up a scheduled task to clear out Temp and Temporary
Internet Files? I would like to do this automatically before running my
backups (also in a scheduled task), as the default for ntbackup includes
these files for some reason. (Why anyone would want their temporary files
backed up, I have no idea. They're supposed to be temporary, so why treat
them as if they are permanent?)

I guess the other option would be to tweak my backup list so it doesn't
backup these files....

.