Re: Windows XP Home Security Setting That Has Been Disabled

"Candace Reed" <mickeymousetiger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I found out by my security package (virus checker, spyware, firewall, etc.)
that a Windows Security Setting has been disabled on my computer and I want
to enable it but I don't know how.

Can anyone tell me how to enable "Do Not Allow Anonymous Enumeration of
Security Accounts Manager (SAM) accounts and shares"?

Thank you.

The setting is enabled or disabled through local security policy. If the
setting changed without your knowledge, then see Malke's post.

Jim

  • Re: Missing Security Tab for drive/folders
    ... Simple File Sharing mode is not enabled on the image. ... >> I've included the following components and registry data: ... >> Security Shell Extension ... >> Security Accounts Manager Server Library ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Windows XP Home Security Setting That Has Been Disabled
    ... I found out by my security package (virus checker, spyware, firewall, etc.) ... that a Windows Security Setting has been disabled on my computer and I want ... Security Accounts Manager accounts and shares"? ...
  • Re: Missing Security Tab for drive/folders
    ... > I've included the following components and registry data: ... > Security Shell Extension ... > Windows Security Config Editor Client Engine ... > Security Accounts Manager Server Library ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • LSASS.exe - error on boot up
    ... On re-boot I get the ... LSASS.EXE - System Error - Security accounts manager ... reboot into safemode, check the event log for more ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Win2000 boot message
    ... LSASS.EXE - System Error - Security accounts manager initialization failed ... Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)