Re: Setting timeout with GPO

Thanks.

I guess I need to explain more.

I have 60000 2000 and XP Pro computers. I need to lock the workstations
after 15 minutes of inactivity. I'd prefer not to use the
screensaver/password method as this can effect serial port communications.

I'm looking for a low-no cost solution, but I haven't been able to find one.

Thanks
Ron

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

SWAG.

Sets a time limit for active but idle Terminal Services sessions
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=676

Sets a time limit for active but idle Terminal Services sessions
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=306

Sets a time limit for active Terminal Services sessions
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=305

Sets a time limit for active Terminal Services sessions
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=675

Windows 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 Group Policies by policy name
Number of policies in database: 844
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gplistall.asp

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:8B3A84DA-F136-40BE-B4F8-A049CDF391B3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Capt_Ron <monbleau(notthis)@palmbeach.k12.fl.us.NotThisEither> hunted and
pecked:
to lock the computer. Sorry.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

Timeout for what?

Turn off the monitor, hard disk or go into Standby or Hibernation?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:BCCCF616-E454-40A0-AD07-F68EB5276661@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Capt_Ron <monbleau(notthis)@palmbeach.k12.fl.us.NotThisEither> hunted and
pecked:
I want to set a timeout period of 15 minutes to all computers in our
domain. I'd prefer not to use a screensaver (as they tend to stop some
functions ie: serial port).

GPO only lists the screensaver method.

How can I do this?
THanks
Ron

  • Re: Setting timeout with GPO
    ... Sets a time limit for active but idle Terminal Services sessions ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
  • Re: Setting timeout with GPO
    ... "Wesley Vogel" wrote: ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... Sets a time limit for active but idle Terminal Services sessions ... Sets a time limit for active Terminal Services sessions ...
  • Re: Setting timeout with GPO