Re: Odd file folder & log file - virus?

kaosmusik wrote:
I just noticed an odd file folder on my 2nd partition (drive E), and
wonder if it is malicious. It has the name d0373a4929ad1ee338... only
1 file there - msxml4-KB927978-enu.log

This .log file is 281 kb, and I've copied the beginning of it below. Is it something I should worry about? I've run latest updates from
Spybot S&D (found TagASaurus spyware, and removed it.). Should I
delete this log file and folder? Or be really worried...? :) >

(snippage)

The folder and its contents comes from Windows Update KB927978 and is legitimate. I don't know why the update leaves this behind but it is perfectly safe for you to delete it or leave it as you desire. It doesn't matter.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: Consequences of renaming Software Distribution to Sdold?
    ... the DocWatson folder from the OS partition to another partition? ... Why is there a 75 MB log file in there anyway? ... once you remove the folder (basically initiating Windows ... Update History on the Windows Update web-site, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: external IE error, Shdoclc.dll
    ... IE is 6, and i have xp, and yes i have aol ... one folder work, and not the other, they tell me Not to ... Download and run this tool. ... or the .log file. ...
  • Re: urgent need help: can not login server
    ... we move logfile from g: to c:, but c: is original place for log file. ... System: Full Control ... ISA Server 2004 FAQ: Monitoring and Logging ... saved in the ISALogs folder of the ISA Server installation folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Consequences of renaming Software Distribution to Sdold?
    ... the DocWatson folder from the OS partition to another partition? ... Why is there a 75 MB log file in there anyway? ... once you remove the folder (basically initiating Windows ... Update History on the Windows Update web-site, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Debugging Windows Service on Test Machine?
    ... a missing dependancy was indeed part of it. ... but even after I copied the DLL into the folder and restarted the Service... ... WriteEvent(String.Format("Inside and beginning ExchangeSchedule() ... But from the log file, ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)