Re: Unable to login after MS updates

Don Wagner wrote:

Last night upon trying to shutdown my laptop, I allowed the current MS patches to be installed prior to shutdown. This morning upon boot, a new user account was showing on my login screen (ASP.net) along with my own. When I attempted to login using my account and password, I get the error message 'The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively'.

I know it's a local policy issue but how can I change it if I can't logon?

Try booting to safe mode (F8 during startup, then select Safe Mode). Then log into the Administrator account.

Harry.

  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... "William B. Lurie" wrote in message ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... "William B. Lurie" wrote in message ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... I'm selective on what WUs I do install, ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... video adapter 256MB. ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: System Administrator Not Available
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... This should work for any version of XP to get into Safe Mode. ... The Administrator account exists in Windows XP Home Edition, ... Home Edition the Administrator account is not displayed in User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)