Re: Computer and file security

Sal wrote:
I am shortly going to work part-time for a company where I will be leaving my computer. There will be times when I am not around and I do not want people to get access to my personal data and Outlook contacts etc. What can I do to protect this information from unauthorised persons.
Thank you.
Regards. S

HOW TO Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP;en-us;279783

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and

HOW TO Set the My Documents Folder as Private in Windows XP;en-us;298399

Of course, if you have WinXP Pro, you can encrypt the desired files/folders.

Best Practices for Encrypting File System;en-us;223316

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin