Firewall configuration not applying to domain profile

I am trying to use the netsh firewall command to set the XP firewall
exceptions in our app installer. It is supposed to apply to both the
standard and domain profile, so that users will have the correct exceptions
when they later decide to connect to a domain. However netsh does not set
up the domain exceptions unless the computer is first a member of a domain.
Regardless of whether I use profile=domain or profile=all, the exceptions
are only setup for the standard (workgroup) profile.

I can make a guess that the Microsoft logic is that if the domain doesn't
exist yet, then no need to bother setting up the domain profile. But
computers can join or un-join domains at any time.

Is there a way that netsh firewall can also set the exceptions also for the
domain profile before the computer is first connected to a domain? Or some
way to do this by tweaking the registry etc?

  • Re: How to monitor Firewall exceptions that the user made?
    ... netsh firewall show allowedprogram verbose = enable ... command to output all allowed programs in exception list. ... >> all exceptions made by the user. ... in cmd window will disable exceptions ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to monitor Firewall exceptions that the user made?
    ... netsh firewall show state ... Please refer Windows Help to get more information about NETSH command. ... > You can use NETSH command to enable/disable exceptions ... > in cmd window will disable exceptions ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Firewall configuration not applying to domain profile
    ... exceptions in our app installer. ... then no need to bother setting up the domain profile. ... Is there a way that netsh firewall can also set the exceptions also for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: semantics of loating point exception handling
    ... >>sometimes I need to have proper control of the floating point arithmetic of ... >>C99 standard is quite handy for that purpose. ... > exceptions raised by preceding code, so it must be a synchronising operation. ... >floating-point exceptions represented by the argument excepts. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: BizTalk customized error logging
    ... exception catches but I can't run it under BizTalk. ... > I have used a custom pipeline component to provide "recovery" from Xml ... > catches exceptions. ... > Alternatively, use BTS2006, where this functionality is standard. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)