Re: Please Help - I have networked my laptop to my pc and can only open files from pc in read-only
- From: "Candace Reed" <mickeymousetiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:26:06 -0600
Thank you for your help. I have already tried what you have suggested on
both my pc and my laptop. Both are checked off to allow network users to
change my files. Also when I access the pc from my laptop and if I right
click on the file I want to open and look under properties, under
attributes, neither read-only or hidden are checked off and yet when I open
the file on my laptop, it only opens in read-only and will not let me make
changes and save it to the pc. I don't understand why.
"Jesper" <Jesper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Candace, most likely your files are just read only. Go to the PC and find
folder that you are trying to access remotely. Right-click that folder and
select Properties. Click the Sharing tab. There should be a box there that
says "Allow network users to change my files." It is probably not checked
your PC. Check that and click OK and it should work.
If you need more details, there is a nice writeup of this here:
"Candace Reed" wrote:
My personal computer is running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002
Pack 2. My laptop is running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version
Service Pack 2. I have networked my two computers via a wireless router.
can open my laptop files (All Office 2003 programs) on my personal
and make changes to them and save them back to my laptop. When I open my
personal computer files on my laptop (All Office 2003 programs), they
as read only and I cannot make changes to them and save them back onto my
personal computer. Please help me solve this problem as I cannot make
changes to my children's projects and save it back on their computer so
can print it.
- Prev by Date: Re: Computer dead..harddrive ok..cannot access files when HD is slaved
- Next by Date: Re: Please Help - I have networked my laptop to my pc and can only
- Previous by thread: Please Help - I have networked my laptop to my pc and can only open files from pc in read only
- Next by thread: Re: Please Help - I have networked my laptop to my pc and can only