Re: User dies, password lost

In news:%23xup5$8IHHA.3952@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Jeff Gardner <user@xxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
What OS is it?

I'd kinda presume it's XP, given that this is m.p.windowsxp.security_admin
;-)

"JP" <JP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Here is a challenge.
My father died last week.
He has two computers, one a Toshiba notebook, the other a Dell
Desktop. I managed to find his PWD for the Toshiba and hoped it
would be the same for
the Dell, but apparently is not. Drive could hold important
information. How to get into the Dell without the PWD?

  • Re: e-mail
    ... If both computers are using the same e-mail address, ... when I check Windows Mail, the same message does not always appear on both ... For instance, if I check the Toshiba, open an e-mail, that same ... the Toshiba and open it up on the Dell. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: User dies, password lost
    ... He has two computers, one a Toshiba notebook, the other a Dell ... How to get into the Dell without the PWD? ... built-in Administrator account's password to a blank. ...
  • Re: Suggestions for laptop purchase for Fedora Core 3?
    ... I'm using a Toshiba A35-S209. ... since they aren't as big of a name in computers as HP, Dell or Compaq, ... Toshiba is only laptops (as far as personal ... Dell will probably work well. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: User dies, password lost
    ... My condolences. ... I managed to find his PWD for the Toshiba and hoped it would be the same for ... How to get into the Dell without the PWD? ...
  • Re: I think we are getting somewhere
    ... answers but Toshiba don't want you to know this) and then tell everyone to ... reinstall their Operating Systems from recovery discs. ... over their computers for assistance with those computers) ... message) through its set up program AND reinstalled a standard PS2 keyboard ...