Re: AVG Defender

bill wrote:
Hi Everyone:

Since AVG announced they won't support the free edition next year, I
will uninstall it.

I understand that they won't offer a free version of the current software
because the current software is being retired. However they're offering a
free version of the new version of their antivirus software.

AVAST is also available for free.

Question is will MSFT's "Defender" program do the trick in protecting
my WINXP Home Edition with SER P2?

Not from Viruses, the same as AVG antivirus, no.

I have heard from some that it is a great program for security?

It's worth everything you'll pay for it and slightly more, but it is _not_ a
virus scanner.

Regards
Rob

  • Re: Hi Everyone: and Defender
    ... Since AVG announced they won't support the free edition next year, ... will uninstall it. ... Question is will MSFT's "Defender" program do the trick in protecting ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: AVG Defender
    ... | Since AVG announced they won't support the free edition next year, ... | uninstall it. ... | Question is will MSFT's "Defender" program do the trick in protecting my ...
  • Re: Cant change home page, read others post
    ... add-remove program or if the software had a uninstall option I used it. ... Lavasoft Ad-Aware free edition anti spyware ... Ewido free edition anti spyware ... Zone Alarm free edition ...
  • Re: internet explorer going haywire
    ... Most were for programs to help rid my computer of viruses etc. ... No need to uninstall Internet Explorer at all. ... software applications that can help protect your system. ... AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition ...
  • Re: Hi Everyone: and Defender
    ... Since AVG announced they won't support the free edition next year, ... Question is will MSFT's "Defender" program do the trick in protecting ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)