Limited User has some Administrator Privilages

I have verified that all updates available to Windows XP Home, etc have
been installed. I am attempting to create a Limited access account on a
computer. Unfortunately, when I create the account, it still has access
to some administrative features that it shouldn't. The limited account
can install software, change firewall settings, and change internet
security settings.

I've tried everything that I can think of... Is there somewhere that
controls which features are available to an Administrator and which are
available to a Limited account?

D. R. Stevick

  • Re: Seriously, now that I got Linux LiveCD running, what can I do with it? Newbie questions
    ... create a 'documents' folder automatically if you install it to your ... as opposed to in Windows. ... will, upon creating a new user account, automatically create a user ... In most distributions, yes. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Advanced Client install nightmare
    ... I can successfully install manually using the SMS account. ... MS Client Configuration Manager cannot install the Advanced Client to ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: userName="machine" didnt work
    ... Juan, ... version) than the .42 dlls. ... Deleted the ASPNET account from "Local Users and Group – ... ASPNET user and allowed the ASP.NET install to re-create it. ...
  • Re: Alerting - Malicious software removal tool
    ... >needed to install an application that she could not install from ... >"Administrator" account. ... You failed to analyze the root cause and correct it ... use their computers to have fun. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Alerting - Malicious software removal tool
    ... much of what the MSRT ... yet), used MS Works, had a single account, administrator level logon ... needed to install an application that she could not install from ... only reacting AFTER the compromise. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)