Re: sp2 install hangs while checking space......

Before installing SP2, please read this -

If there's still an issue getting it installed, then check both the setupapi.log and svcpack.log located in the WINDOWS directory (folder) for error codes/messages.
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

If necessary, enable verbose logging as laid out in the " Service Pack 2 installation log files " paragraph.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

cheryl wrote:

it might be time for sp2, or maybe not. i haven't had need for it yet.

however, i downloaded it and initialized the install. the install program will run fine till it gets to checking for space and it hangs up. the status bar will go about 75% and then just sit with very little disk activity.

i'm confident it doesn't need the 10.9 gigs still available on c drive to do the install.

any ideas.....

no programs running. kapersky ver 6 shutdown, and outpost pro ver 4 left running...

btw: same thing occurs in safe mode........

  • Re: WIN 98se &XP Home none Dual Boot..?
    ... There you can set the compatibility mode. ... > install, because the install program detected my PC as an NT based system, ... I set the compatibility mode of the INSTALL program to WIn98 ... > The argument of FAT32 vs. NTFS go way back. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WIN 98se &XP Home none Dual Boot..?
    ... install, because the install program detected my PC as an NT based system, ... I set the compatibility mode of the INSTALL program to WIn98 ... The argument of FAT32 vs. NTFS go way back. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Starting MSDE Programmatically
    ... I have an install program that installs both MSDE and the ... start the just-installed MSDE service, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • RE: Security problem in installation IE sp1 ?
    ... That host is in Korea (note the port 25 banner time is also in KST). ... i found very strange thing when i install Internet Explorer SP1. ... I'm download from www.microsoft.com/downloads/ ... But install program show message about ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Checking File and Print Sharing
    ... My original question was how to programmatically, within an install program ... check and ensure that File and Printer Sharing is active. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.setup)