Re: Group Policy won't allow me to turn on my firewall

Gracie wrote:

Hi! I am college student and on my laptop, my firewall is off and it
has an impact on how long I stay connected to the internet. I am the
only person on this computer and I was wondering how to turn back on
my firewall. I'm not even sure how it got turned off, but I need it
back on. Please help me! Thanks!

What firewall are you using? What antivirus/security program do you have
installed? What is the malware/virus status of the machine? If you
think it is clean, what programs (and versions) did you use to
determine this?

Be sure the computer is clean:

If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a professional
computer repair shop (not your local version of BigStoreUSA).

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

  • Re: avast
    ... > Just did a clean installation of xp pro sp1 and download 'avast anti ... Did you firewall before connecting to the internet? ... Internet and patch with the critical updates? ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: question about the new service pack 2
    ... What is the rational of decreasing the size of the temporary internet storage ... It contains advice ... It may help speed up your system, but it should be clean ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: I BEG FOR YOUR HELP
    ... I run my business through the internet. ... Check your firewall settings to see if it is allowing anything through you ... clean up the machine - keep it clean. ... If you don't wish to follow all of the advice immediately, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Open Proxy
    ... Make sure you are really clean of the trojans, and make sure the XP firewall ... Actually--you might do well to use a third-party firewall such as Zone ... My internet cable company ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Starting up problem
    ... It contains advice ... It may help speed up your system, but it should be clean ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...