Re: Event Viewer cannont connect to remote WinXP SP2 event viewer

Hi,

Glad to provide assistance.

Have a good day!

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

--------------------
From: "Russell" <Clarksville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Event Viewer cannont connect to remote WinXP SP2 event viewer
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:18:42 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin

WOW!! I would have never figured that out. That fixed it.

Further info: the Local Service account permission that you identified
was
being lost when we joined a PC to the domain. We had to use a computer
group policy to correct the problem.

Thank you very much!

"Vincent Xu [MSFT]" <v-xuwen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Go to the following registry key:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServers\Winreg

Check if the Local Service account have Query Value, Enumnerate Subkeys,
Notify, and Read Control allowed permission.

Thanks.