Event Viewer Access Denied

Within EVENTVWR.MSC, Select Connect to Another Computer.

I successfully connect to any remote Windows 2003 or 2000 event viewer logs.
I always fail when connecting to remote WinXP SP2 machines. Error is:

"Unable to connect to the computer 'computer name or ip address here' The
error was Access Denied."

I am logged on to local PC with a domain account that is member of Domain
Admins. All PCs are domain members. I have turned off Windows Firewall on
remote Win XP machines. This is all being done on a private LAN segment.
(i.e. no firewalls other than Windows Firewall involved.) Does not seem to
be AV related either. Would appreciate any suggestions. thanks, Russell

  • Re: SP2 firewall/remote management
    ... I would think you need to apply this policy setting on the remote ... Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows XP Professional ... Allows remote administration of this computer using administrative ... Windows Firewall allows the computer to receive the ...
  • Re: Permission Denied when trying to access remote computer with V
    ... the windows firewall is disabled on my DNS domain. ... the script runs locally on every machine on my network. ... it suggests that your settings are not properly enabled for remote ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.wmi)
  • Event Viewer cannont connect to remote WinXP SP2 event viewer
    ... I successfully connect to any remote Windows 2003 or 2000 event viewer logs. ... All PCs are domain members. ... I have turned off Windows Firewall on ...