Re: Power management not working after joining domain
- From: "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:24:33 -0400
TCAtKzoo <TCAtKzoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
I recently added our network PCs to a Windows domain.
Once I did that, the power management stopped working correctly. I
have the monitors set to power off after 4 hours, but they actually
power off after about 20 or 30 minutes.
The monitors are not set with any power saver features that I can
see, but even so, all that changed was adding the computers to the
After adding them to the new domain, I logged in as the user with
Administrator privileges and set the screen saver to Marquee with a
20 minute screen saver timeout and a 4 hour power off for the monitor.
Power settings are per user, not per workstation....and for some reason,
limited user accounts can't change the settings.
- Prev by Date: Re: McAfee VirusScan disables and enables randomly
- Next by Date: Re: Getting the new-style Start menu back again
- Previous by thread: Event Viewer cannont connect to remote WinXP SP2 event viewer
- Next by thread: Re: Power management not working after joining domain