Re: Disable Command Prompt

If you have a domain controller you can configure Group Policy at the domain
or Organizational Unit level and it will apply to all users or computers as
the case may be that are under the scope of management of that GPO. For
instance if you configure a "user configuration" setting such as you did it
could potentially apply to all users in the domain if configured on a GPO
linked to the domain container or if you did it on an OU it would apply only
to user accounts in that OU and possibly child OU's if no other conflicting
setting was applied in a GPO linked to a child OU.

Steve

"UWRFREPORTER04" <UWRFREPORTER04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks so much, I was able to figure out how to do it both ways. This may
sound like a dumb question, but I was looking at the group policy in
detail
and noticed there are several settings you can change. We are upgrading
Win server 2003 soon and if apply changes to the group policy on the
domain
controller or the server with 2003 (such as setting the screensaver, etc)
does those settings automaticaly take place over the entire network or are
there additional steps I need to take first??

"Steven L Umbach" wrote:

For XP Pro use Group Policy and go to user configuration\administrative
templates\system to disable command prompt. You may also want to remove
command.com from the computer or restrict access to that binary.

Steve

"UWRFREPORTER04" <UWRFREPORTER04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
I have been attempting to disable the command prompt on a Guest PC, and
looked up directions online of how to go into the registry, but I
haven't
been able to find what I'm looking for to be able to disable the
command
prompt in the registry. Can anyone help me out?

.