Re: XP Security Log Script

Ben wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to find a simple way, tool or by way of a script, to extract logon/logoff events from the XP security log, count them and print them to a file.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks, Ben

Google for dumpel.exe. It is a free program from MS to dump logs to a text file. You can specify what events etc to extract.

  • Re: XP Security Log Script
    ... I'm trying to find a simple way, tool or by way of a script, to extract logon/logoff events from the XP security log, count them and print them to a file. ... You can specify what events etc to extract. ...
  • Re: Logon/logoff scripts
    ... Configure an Audit policy and extract logon/logoff events times from the ... Security log. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server)
  • using xps eventquery.vbs on win2k server... need a little assistance
    ... This script does not exist in windows2000 (server) but can be made to ... On my test instance, I was able to query the security ... I can query all logs accept the security log (which ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Monitoring many eventlogs simultaneously
    ... I have a script (with the help of the example @ ... events (invalid login attempts, accounts getting locked out, yada, ... Another aspect of what I'd like to do is remotely monitor all the ... Security Log on " & objLoggedEvent.TargetInstance.ComputerName ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: managing auditing logs
    ... This script i found on a website from MS, just modified it for my environment. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ... which makes the security log very big. ...