Way to copy system files?

Is there a way to copy protected system files and overwrite an old
version, specifically NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM?

When I updated to SP2, the installer couldn't find them (even though I
showed it where they were!). I've got the new versions, but even
booting to DOS, Safe Mode, or Repair Console won't allow it.

Nige
--
Nigel M

  • Exchange 2003 SP2 / mode issues (on SBS 2003 detected during attempt to migrate to 2008 SBS)
    ... The 2008 installer claims that Exchange 2003 SP2 is not installed. ... Last week we updated it to native mode for the upcoming ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • RE: Installation of application INTERRUPTED!!! Any ideas?
    ... but only the uninstall SP2 step worked. ... At this point, since installing Quicken only depends on Windows Installer, I ... Step 1: Enable Windows Installer service ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Unable to install SP2
    ... I needed to do a Windows XP repair from ... brought up SP2. ... Setupapi.log to find an offending registry key, setting the permissions ... installed correctly except MS Windows Installer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Issues migrating 2003 SBS -> 2008 SBS
    ... we're running into some issues with the migration from 2003 SBS to the ... According to ESM it is in native mode and thus there are also ... SBS BPA reports Exchange 2003 has SP2 installed, ... the installer said IMFv2 comes with SP2 and can not be installed if ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Issues migrating 2003 SBS -> 2008 SBS
    ... Les Connor [SBS MVP] ... we're running into some issues with the migration from 2003 SBS to the ... SBS BPA reports Exchange 2003 has SP2 installed, ... the installer said IMFv2 comes with SP2 and can not be installed if ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)