Re: block internet access

Don't connect the computers to the internet.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

jb wrote:
We are purchasing 5 laptops for training purposes. Am hoping to get advice on how to block out internet access to these laptops. The laptops will be purchased with Windows XP or Pro and Office.
In the past, our computer savvy staff went beyond training into online joyrides and turned our training notebooks asunder. Am hoping to get around the online experience and block out internet access on these new laptops. How can we block out online service from the computer savvy? And this has to be more than a basic block. Are there files that can be deleted? Can the internet be disabled so that the savvy cannot get into it? All this without disturbing Windows and the use of Powerpoint, Excel, etc....

Thanks for any and all advice!

  • Re: Whos Going to Vista?
    ... error tweaks to Vista's TCP/IP settings, I had internet access. ... online, Creative's website told me that my sound card was a write-off. ... Aside from driver incompatability, the thing is a memory hog (if you ... We still run Windows 98SE on 6 machines. ...
    (rec.org.mensa)
  • Re: block internet access
    ... on how to block out internet access to these laptops. ... our computer savvy staff went beyond training into online ... the online experience and block out internet access on these new laptops. ...
  • Re: How long do you spend online daily?
    ... they sure don't hesitate to grab it. ... you may end up paying more for service charge in a few months than it ... practically need internet access to be able to buy tickets to a movie ... it seems most people here spend at least an hour a day online ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Survey: Do Your Shop Computers Have Internet Access?
    ... All our shop computers have internet access. ... Some of our shop computers have internet access. ... We use online services to work with UPS, ... vendors who have good online ordering systems, ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)