Re: Local Password

Hi Pete,

Try running the following command: "net user administrator password"

The command will change the local administrator password to "password". But
the problem is how to apply this command to all XP clients. If the computers
are in a workgroup you can use the "psexec" tool to run the batch script on
another computer, take a look at the following link:

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsExec.html

In the domain environment there are multiple scenarios, but this would be
the easiest one also in a domain.

Regards,

Anton Pegan

--
gfdgdfgsdfgffds

"Pete Ch" <pchafer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an automated way of changing the LOCAL
administrator password on ALL Client XP machines?

Thanks,

Peter

  • Re: The logon user file msgina.dll file is missing. restore it.
    ... Yet, when you do a DIR command in the Windows\System32 folder, the MSGINA.DLL file isn't there? ... Is this from the I386 folder on your hard disk or the Windows XP CD? ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... I do not have an administrator password. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: The logon user file msgina.dll file is missing. restore it.
    ... for the dir command the error msg is "invalid parameters" ... for the prompt the error msg is "invalid command" ... I do not have an administrator password. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: The logon user file msgina.dll file is missing. restore it.
    ... What happens when you do the DIR command? ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... I do not have an administrator password. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: The logon user file msgina.dll file is missing. restore it.
    ... For the copy command the system says that "file not found" ... Copy the newest one from its folder to the Windows\System32 folder using the COPY command. ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... I do not have an administrator password. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Win2000 Upgrade to SP3 Express Setup error.
    ... Here is the good article about the recovery console. ... recovery console using the administrator password. ... Map is the good command and very use full in this condition ... Map displays currently active device mappings. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade)