Re: How to remove the security tab by using regedit

dinesh.p Wrote:
Dear All,
How to remove the security tab in Win Xp and 2000 Prof.. by using
Regedit...
Dear all,
i would like to hide the security tab in my system....In xp am
going to uncheck the simple file sharing then the security tab
hided...but in windows 2000 professional i can't hide the security
tab...
In win 2000 professional how to hide the security tab...anyone help
me...
These are all my knowledge purpose...

--
dinesh.p

  • Re: disable print dialog window
    ... I'm using Windows XP Home. ... folder options. ... no security tab for my printer. ... UNcheck "Use simple file sharing." ...
  • Re: possible bug/flaw in windows xp home edition
    ... MVP - Windows Shell/User ... >> security tab to appear for files. ... >> "Note You cannot turn off simple file sharing in Microsoft Windows XP ... > an account with administrator privileges. ...
  • Re: Cant set file/folder security XP (Security Tab not available)
    ... you need to turn off Simple File Sharing. ... In Windows Explorer go to Tools, Folder Options, View. ... the Security tab is only visible when you log in to an Administrator level account in Safe Mode. ...
  • Re: Missing security tab
    ... You can not disable Simple File sharing in Home, ... An easier way to read newsgroup messages: ... I am running a single NTFS partition, Windows XP SP1a on ... > computers in my network are missing the security tab. ...
  • Re: NTFS permissions.
    ... > still couldn't access Security tab but had a look around ... Is that not just exactly what Doug said to do? ... >>and uncheck Use simple file sharing. ... MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display ...