Re: computer sending emails

From: "Chris" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| Well, sorry everyone. Ive seen other people post HjT logs and figured it was
| somewhat mandatory, and ive never seen anything about not posting it.
|
| About your help,
|
| -I admit its my fault both Norton and McAfee.
| -As I stated before, seaches camee up with nothing, so I had no idea what
| viruses I had. I dont have a neverending dictionary of viruses either. I had
| no idea what they were.
| -Thanks for identifying the trojen/malware infection
| -Thanks for providing links to other help sites
|
| Again, I though I was SUPPOSED to post a HJT log so everyone stop saying im
| a idiot.

No. Those who post them NEVER ask in advance.

There are NUMEROUS problems found in the HJT log.

The following is something YOU can do to mitigate your present infections...

If you are using any version of Sun Java that is prior to JRE Version 5.0 update 9,
then you are strongly urged to remove any/all versions.
There are vulnerabilities in them and they are actively being exploited.

It is highly suggested that you update to the latest version which is Sun Java JRE/JSE
Version 5.0 Update 9

Simple check, look under...
C:\Program Files\Java

The only folder under that folder should be the latest version.

Such as...
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

FYI:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102557-1
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-26-102648-1

For non-viral malware...

Please download, install and update the following software...

* Ad-aware SE v1.06
http://www.lavasoft.de/
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm

* SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4
http://security.kolla.de/
http://www.safer-networking.org/microsoft.en.html

* SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

After the software is updated, I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode.

I also suggest downloading, installing and updating BHODemon for any Browser Helper Objects
that may be on the PC.

* BHODemon

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3550&file=11&evp=245a87539eea8ed6904332b4b8b8442d

For viral malware...

* Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Possible Virus; Need Xp Gurus Help
    ... missing from Norton. ... opinion" av scanner). ... Please download, install and update the following software... ... I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode. ...
  • Re: ssk.exe surfsidekick
    ... you did not have load of 'virii' or 'viri' as there is no such terminolgy. ... It is HIGHLY suggested that you get the administrator password so you can logon in Safe Mode ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ... needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: req help: norton cannot delete eied s7 c 77.exe download.trojan
    ... Fix fails, quarantine fails, delete fails, ... Use the following Multi AV scanner tool. ... McAfee and Trend, scan in Safe Mode. ... Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL -- ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: W32 trojan-gen {VB}
    ... Scanned i Safe Mode with: Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky - only Kaspersky ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... needed for each scanner you want to use, you should reboot the PC into Safe Mode [F8 key ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: SOS: Trojan on XP is not permitting to function any application
    ... I could run AVG scanner and removed 29 instances of trojan ... and Safe mode with command prompt is working. ... Anything else which might have gone wrong while removing the trojan ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...