Re: Limited account user can change his type. Why?

Oosterplein wrote:
I created a limited account for my son. However, he can change its
type by himself simply from Control Panel. Is there any way to
prevent it? or why can you explain why he can do it?

In safe mode, I created only ONE admin account in addition to the
one preset by Windows XP Home edition.

He shouldn't be able to do this.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: system administrator hi-jacked
    ... tried the last fix to get to control panel. ... "Shenan Stanley" wrote: ... When you did safe mode - did you log in as the username ... That should allow you to verify/add users and the groupthose ...
  • Re: Unable to remove old IE6 password and replace with new one
    ... >> earthlink.net into Trusted Sites. ... > to use the Network Connections control panel. ... > Not sure why I don't have this key on my Home edition, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Unable to remove old IE6 password and replace with new one
    ... > XP adds extra asterisks to password fields so that someone looking over your ... When looking at Control Panel, User Accts, Manage My Network Passwords, it ... to use the Network Connections control panel. ... Not sure why I don't have this key on my Home edition, I have it on the one ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Problems from updating 12 Aug
    ... > I downloaded and installed the latest up dates from Microsoft, ... > open the control panel but trying to select a catagory in the ... > new update but so far I keep getting errors about file association. ... Shenan Stanley wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Scheduled Standby and Resume?
    ... Check to see if you have the appropriate control panel screens on your ... I'm not sure if it can be done in the Home Edition as it could be ... in the Pro edition. ... > Is there a way to schedule a standby time and a resume time in XP Home? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)