Re: Why can limited account user change its type to administrator?

Oosterplein wrote:
I created a limited account for my son, but he can change his
account to administrator privileged account from "User Account"
menu in Control Panel. Why can he change the type from one to
another?

In safe mode, only created are "Administrator" and my own.

A limited account cannot change its type.
However - if you did not protect the password well and keep the machine from
being bootable from anything but the hard disk drive - many things can be
gotten around with simply reboots/utilities/logons..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

  • Re: Forgetting password!
    ... How do you get to control panel if you can't log on? ... If you have forgotten your password, if you have another user account ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ... normally hidden Administrator account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Password help
    ... Reboot to Safe Mode, by pressing F8 until the Windows ... Administrator, leave password blank ... Then Go to Control Panel - User Accounts, ... My account is the only administrative ...
  • Win 2000 Admin. Password
    ... Reboot to Safe Mode, select Administrator, leave password ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel and ... that will let you reset the password of any account on ... admin account. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Administrator Account for Non-XP Pro Machines
    ... Simply reboot to Safe Mode. ... Go to User Accounts in the Control Panel. ... referring to protecting the hidden Administrator account you can access by ...
  • Re: Windows XP Professional Log On to Windows Screen
    ... I dont remember creating a password, ... Have you tried to start in Safe Mode and log into the Administrator ... account. ... Passwords can be controlled from there in Control Panel => User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)