Administrator account problems?

G'day. XP Pro with all the patches and SP 2

IE 7 RC1

I've noted this behaviour lately.

PC is used by multiple users. I'm administrator level.

Some years ago I moved everyones Temporary internet cache directory to
D:\User files\<name>\Temporary Internet Files

Not sure when this started, but:

1: no structure for anyones internet cache (all browsing gets dumped
in IE cache folder, without subfolders)

2: If I want to browse anyones IE cache, it merely shows the same
files as my own folder. IE not their folder. I used to be able to look
in other users IE folder.

3: log in as another user, browse web, and look in the IE cache, look
in another users IE cache, and it's the same as the person you are
logged in as.

Seems like a security issue, but I'm not sure.

While I can use tabbed browsing in my login, at least one other user
(son) cannot use tabbed browsing and gets thrown out of IE when he
tries to do so. When I had this issue, I just deleted everything in
*my* IE cache folders.

So, any ideas?

Especially how to fix it?
--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."

"Maths proves you know how to plug in some figures into a formula, that's
all"
"Even physics is based on wrong theories, so what's the use of maths"
Carole - demonstrating her mathematical abilities.

  • Re: Synchronize of profile and user share folder
    ... With method two, when the cache is clear and offline will not be available, ... share folder do not sync when you logon and log off the computer. ... Open windows explorer, click Tool menu, select Synchronize. ... The Offline Files cache on the local computer will be re-initialized. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Just for Tommy The Troll: A brief education on programming iOS devices
    ... * The Documents folder is to be used for storage of the app¹s ... The semantics of cache and tmp directories ... Doesn't Apple have control over the apps that appear on their store? ... So this is strictly the developers fault, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: caching problem
    ... > popping up from the cache. ... > 2) delete TIFs folder, history folder and cookies folder from the local ... > service and DHCP client service disabled to avoid system slow downs. ... > have been experimenting with the DNS client service and DHCP client ...
  • Re: OT: Tribute to terminated Verizon newsgroups
    ... I don't save cookies so why should I cache anything? ... hidden file used by Microsoft Windows operating system that stores a ... If you are viewing a Windows explorer window in "Thumbnail" view it tries ... private document folder has folders for recipes, food pix, user manuals, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: caching problem
    ... The IE cache is ... Another program interfering with IE. Try disabling third party programs ... >>> 2) delete TIFs folder, history folder and cookies folder from the local ... >>> service and DHCP client service disabled to avoid system slow downs. ...