"Access is Denied" messages to My Documents

Previously, WinXP SP2 on drive C, several folders including My Documents
on hard drive D.
System crash on C drive. Lowlevel format and reload WinXP on C drive.
Now I can access the D drive files and folders EXCEPT for the My
Documents folder for which I get the message "Access is Denied" when I
click to open it.

I am logged on as an administrator. Thinking that this is a
permissions issue (previous to reload this administrator user settings
to keep files hidden from other users), I have attempted to take
ownership. From Properties I do not get the Security tab at all.

What can I do to get my data back!!

--
Rick Hole
.