"Access is Denied" messages to My Documents

Previously, WinXP SP2 on drive C, several folders including My Documents
on hard drive D.
System crash on C drive. Lowlevel format and reload WinXP on C drive.
Now I can access the D drive files and folders EXCEPT for the My
Documents folder for which I get the message "Access is Denied" when I
click to open it.

I am logged on as an administrator. Thinking that this is a
permissions issue (previous to reload this administrator user settings
to keep files hidden from other users), I have attempted to take
ownership. From Properties I do not get the Security tab at all.

What can I do to get my data back!!

--
Rick Hole

  • Re: Cant open/reply/create messages
    ... Move them to local folders created for this purpose. ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". ... WinXP SP2 only: Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place. ... This patch will be included in the next Cumulative Update for Outlook Express/WinXP SP2. ...
  • Re: Problem With Outlook Express 6 Tool Bar!
    ... What you're seeing is a well-known bug that MS says they can't reproduce and so have no plans to fix. ... Move them to local folders created for this purpose. ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". ... WinXP SP2 only: Do not shut down your machine while Windows is automatically compacting your message store. ...
  • Re: Too many Problems
    ... Move them to local folders created for this purpose. ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". ... WinXP SP2 only: Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place. ... Road Runner thing, but we have a year to keep receiving the Comcast emails. ...
  • Re: Inbox Blocked
    ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all ... OE folders while "working offline". ... Are You Ready for WinXP SP2? ... > responding, would you like to wait another 300 secs". ...
  • Re: No HTTP server available on account set up
    ... folders created for this purpose. ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all ... >> Copy/paste the following line into an IE Addressbar, click on GO, then ... >> Are You Ready for WinXP SP2? ...