Re: Where is the Everyone Group??

"Johnny" <Johnny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:C38142B3-E2ED-494F-87F8-26BFA18E874F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would like to modify my "Everyone" group with "Authenticated Users"
group.
I can't find the everyone group in XP Pro (workgroup).

It's built-in and cannot be modified.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243330

What are you trying to accomplish?

--
Colin Nash
Microsoft MVP

  • Re: Drive by spyware installs
    ... It would prevent the software from 'infecting' anything other than that one ... user's profile. ... Colin Nash ... Windows Shell/User ...
  • Re: How can I tell when XP SP2 was installed
    ... NTServicePack type events (you'll also see the dates hotfixes/security ... updates) etc in there ... Colin Nash ... Windows Shell/User ...
  • Re: Two Locations with a Notebook
    ... Deji is right. ... Also a set of NetSH.exe (free, built-in) can accomplish this ... Herb Martin ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: changing file names
    ... There is no way to accomplish this in XP. ... Windows Shell/User ... Please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: How could I prevent Windows XP from counting the size of dir in Windows Explorer?
    ... I don't think there is any way to accomplish this. ... The system assumes you want this information when you select the folder. ... Ronnie Vernon ... Windows Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)