Re: After parallel windows installation some directory are missed, help!
- From: Malke <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 05:44:35 -0700
I hope this is the right newsgroup, otherwise...well I'm sorry.
the other day windows (XP pro) didn't start because file hal.dll was
missing or corrupted.
I tried to recover the installation using the console and a chckdsk
/p/r, but I had no luck.
So I decided to install a parallel windows (2000 server) in the hope
to recover at least the data.
After the installation what I found was:
- Previous Windows installation is missing
- Program files directory contains only Windows 2000 server staff
- Document and settings only has default users.
- All other directories were ol
What happened? I theory at this point is that all data is still there,
but Windows security does not allow me to see them. What can I do?
There's a way to disable Windows security?
It doesn't sound like you did a parallel install. It sounds like you did
a clean install of Win2k server.
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
- Prev by Date: Re: remote registry switch off ?
- Next by Date: Re: whats the point of windows firewall?
- Previous by thread: After parallel windows installation some directory are missed, help!
- Next by thread: Re: remote registry switch off ?