Re: recovering deleted files from a remote drive

There are applications that can try to recover files but I believe they need
to be installed on the computer where you want to recover the files which
you could possibly do remotely if you can access the computer via Remote
Desktop. However if the files are important it is best to shut the computer
down and then put it's hard drive into another computer to do that job as
the less hard drive activity the better your chances of recovering the
files. The links below are to free and shareware applications for file
recovery that are rated and raked by popularity.

Steve

http://www.snapfiles.com/Shareware/system/swdatarecovery.html
http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html

"Marcus" <Marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how, if it's possible, to recover deleted files from a
remote drive ( because they're not in the recycliing bin on either
computer )

  • Re: random shutdown
    ... I have downloaded some monitoring software, ... it looks like the C drive that holds the operating system and applications is ... here, I was able to recover many of my files (pics, excel files, word docs, ... Download "Hwmonitor" and monitor ...
  • Re: Adding HD to SARPC
    ... >>> I know enough to recover from a Windows disaster, ... >> resinatalling the OS or applications necessary. ... > Datapower and Photodesk rely on this. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: how to recover encrypted files due to a system crash
    ... I managed to recover the files using a file recovery utility. ... The new OS can see the files and recognize the file formats. ... But when I opened them with their own applications, it showed all scramble. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • how to recover encrypted files due to a system crash
    ... I managed to recover the files using a file recovery utility. ... The new OS can see the files and recognize the file formats. ... But when I opened them with their own applications, it showed all scramble. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows 2000 Pro freezes
    ... >> The system will freeze up periodically and will not recover. ... > power down and do a reboot to get it back up. ... > applications, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)