Re: Preventing Installation of Network Devices?

Lacey wrote:
Hi, at our company we have a fairly rigourous internet policy combined with
several firewalls, DMZ's, mail sweeping etc etc... However...

Yesterday one of our users had received a new mobile phone, part of the
phones default installation for syncing to a PC also allows the phone to act
as a modem.. Obviously we are happy for the user to sync his contacts,
appointments etc etc, however the modem thing is a big no no.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to prevent devices being added to
the network control panel or perhaps another suggestion?

Take a look at DeviceLock (www.protect-me.com/dl). It can be managed
via GPO.

  • Re: Preventing Installation of Network Devices?
    ... Yesterday one of our users had received a new mobile phone, part of the phones default installation for syncing to a PC also allows the phone to act as a modem.. ... Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to prevent devices being added to the network control panel or perhaps another suggestion? ...
  • Re: Modem Options
    ... Modem candidates are at PCI_buses: 00:0a.0 ... Achieving function with these drivers is often difficult. ... The installation creates a driver sm56.o, ... For HSF modems. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Fax Printing
    ... you do have an appropriate fax modem installed and Device Manager is ... You may have Security Database corruption, ... cases there is no error message during the installation (distinguishing this ... The Fax Printer is your phone modem, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Gateway M325X Review and Setup tips
    ... Gateway M325X Review and Setup Tips ... except for the sound card. ... Use "expert mode" installation from your disk set. ... Software modem. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Installing efax-gtk from source
    ... Stan Goodman ... presumably connected with the error message that ... The installation did not create file with that name, so I tried to help it ... I assume you have a modem. ...
    (SuSE)