Re: Running Add/Remove Programs with Administrative Rights

I don't think you can do what you want. Why not just logon as a local
administrator to uninstall the software. That is the usual procedure.

Steve

"Chris Briant" <cbriant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello,

Is there a way to run the Add / Remove programs applet in Windows XP with
administrative privileges. I have tried entering runas /user:administrator
appwiz.cpl from command prompt, but it won't run.

Where I work, our users are prevented from having administrative rights on
the computers. This becomes a problem when software needs to be removed as
it requires adding the user to the administrators group, asking for their
password, re-logging on to the computer, installing the software, testing
that it works, removing the user from the local admins and then re-logging
on. I would appreciate it if there was a way that I could run appwiz.cpl
with my privileges or local admin rights to remove programs as this would
save a lot of effort and look more professional. There are so many
applications which require full admin rights to be uninstalled.

Chris.

  • Re: Who Told Me Norton Internet Security was crap?
    ... Symantac publish a tool to uninstall when the normal uninstaller ... My only really major issue now, is that I didn't follow the other bit of advice and hold off from upgrading to Vista. ... After a successful upgrade, I couldn't get into Control Panel, or Windows Explorer. ... Even though the domain user I was logged in as was set as an administrator of the computer, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Administrative Rights/Permissions Changed
    ... selected to UNMONITOR drives in the SYSTEM RESTORE settings and this ... My Norton AV had recently expired so I installed AVG, ... administrator but I was not able to uninstall it from that as well. ...
  • Re: Uninstall corrupt Office 2007
    ... having 'Admin rights' is not neccessarily the same as logging on as the ... Administrator, if this is a Vista PC suggest you ask in a Vista group with ... I tried to uninstall Office, ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Cant uninstall....
    ... get to uninstall or delete unwanted programs in Vista Home Premium? ... Unlocker will not unlock them for removal. ... In Account Type I'm shown as the Admin. ... The administrator account is called Administrator, and you can't get to it unless you run cmd as administrator and execute this command: ...
  • Re: been hijacked
    ... >install or uninstall certain programs due to the "must be ... >an adm." notification. ... emergency account called Administrator comes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)