Re: Date on ntuser.dat.LOG

I should have been more direct with my question. Basically, I'm
looking into a scenario where someone might be accused of logging into
a machine based on the date modified of the ntuser.dat.log file located
in a users profile. The following link shows where someone asked a
question on the respective topic.
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1266106&page=1 I'll post it
here for simplicity also.

------------------
I was wrongly accused to have logged on a PC yesterday, and as proof,
they exhibited my profile that appeared in the C:\Documents and
Settings\my username.

I did logon to that PC 2 months ago, which i don't deny, as show the
local settings, the desktop, my documents, etc... with the date of 2
months ago when i first and ONLY TIME logged on to that PC.

However, i NEVER logged onto that PC yesterday, nevertheless, there is
a NTUSER.DAT.LOG txt in my profile on that PC, with the date of
yesterday !!!!
-------------------

Basically, I know its not good evidence, but I want to know why its
happening... Why or how could the date modified attribute be changed
w/out a user logging in?

Thanks for your help!

  • Re: Date on ntuser.dat.LOG
    ... Can anything besides logging in change it? ... in a users profile. ...
  • current PST file contains old messages
    ... In moving a free standing laptop to logon to our W2K ... I copied the users profile which includes the ... after logging on to the new ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: User name assigned to a new profile!
    ... On logging out of one profile and logging back on in my normal ... Windows explorer shows that my folders and files are still there, ... Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. ... will my logon revert to the proper files? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • User name assigned to a new profile!
    ... On logging out of one profile and logging back on in my normal ... Windows explorer shows that my folders and files are still there, ... Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. ... will my logon revert to the proper files? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem Logging in With a Particular Users Account
    ... I understand that you encounter Roaming Profile issue when trying to log ... What is the "particular account"? ... Did you make any changes on the SBS Server ... so it presents a message saying it is logging in with a temporary ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)