Re: Administrative Password Security

You must know what the original Administrator password is before
it can be changed. It cannot simply be "reset".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Enjoy all the benefits of genuine Microsoft software:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.mspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------

"Peggy" wrote:

| I recently learned that you can reset an administrative password on your
| computer by starting it in safe mode. If it's this easy to go around a
| password- what's the point? Is there something I don't know?

  • Re: Recovery - Admin password problem
    ... comes for the Administrator password and if I just press return as you ... As I made clear in the OP this is for a Windows XP ... Hopefully your PC is set up so that it will boot to a bootable CD. ... The next prompt at "Step THREE: Password or registry edit" will list ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OS boots to "Start Windows Normally" Screen
    ... Unfortunately the user does not know the administrator password. ... > Problems When Windows XP Tries to Load the Agp440.sys Service ... > When you restart your computer, you may be prompted to use the Last ... > drive that contains the Windows XP installation CD-ROM. ...
  • Re: deniyng user to mess up pc
    ... Remove any removable media drives like floppy drives, ... I'd also put an administrator password on the bios (make sure you store it ... you'll code to log off the user (or shut down windows). ... Essentailly it's an application which administer questionnaires to subjects ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: deniyng user to mess up pc
    ... Remove any removable media drives like floppy drives, ... I'd also put an administrator password on the bios (make sure you store it ... you'll code to log off the user (or shut down windows). ... if I were worried somebody was going to do mayhem on my pc I ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Windows Vista Administrator lost password
    ... If you havenot NTFS encrypted files on your computer, ... administrator password to blank using a Windows Password Reset Disc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)