Re: Deny users the right to move folders and files?

Move is a copy and delete action so you can do that by giving the user deny
permission for delete folders and or files but most likely that will cause
other problems in that users usually need to delete at least files. More
training and reminders may be a better solution and also using search to
find the files/folders by filename or extension.

Steve

"LaurenM3335" <LaurenM3335@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm wondering if there is a way to deny users the ability to move folders
and
files in and out of My Documents, etc. I'm having a problem with users
getting a little "click happy" and they accidentally move files so neither
they, nor the programs that use them, can find them. Is there some sort
of
gpo to prevent this, or maybe something I can do at the local machine?
These
files aren't necessarily shared files...just local files.

Thanks!
Lauren

  • Cannot Open Folders
    ... After an installation of XP SP2, the local machine cannot log into Outlook. ... permission to log on." ... What is stored on the local machine if the network has the folders and how ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Please Turn Off "Synchronize"
    ... How can I turn off the synchronizing feature? ... I've un-checked all folders in>Tools ... and back to the Local Machine drive. ... "My Documents" is a System Folder that is integral to a Windows XP Local ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: run file remotely
    ... This means that the code that is being stored on your server may not have the permissions it needs to access files stored on your local machine. ... Jump to the "Permission Set" tab and you'll see that all code that comes from the Intranet is granted the "LocalIntranet" permission set. ... access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Cannot create a sub directory from aspx page.
    ... No matter what I do I get ... permission on the root drive is not given. ... I tried to replicate the error on my local machine by ... The frustrating part is that I can't even replicate the ...
  • Re: Sharing in Windows 2000 pro workgroup for a specific user ?
    ... OK, now If I select "Authenticated Users" as the permission on the share, ... does this mean any of the local machine could ... >> the various computers is only listing the local machine and is greyed out ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)