Re: My limited user is not so limited

Vanguard wrote:

Any program that installs its files in YOUR profile path
(%userprofile%) will install okay because that path has you as the
owner with permissions for writing.

Then in what sense does running as a limited user (instead of admin or
root) make me so amazingly secure like I've read? I thought it was
supposed to basically let me run stuff I already have installed, surf
the net, write Word docs, look at photos, but not really install
anything (inadvertently *or* intentionally)?

Besides, doesn't my now "limited" user already sort of own most of the
folders on the drive, since it *used* to be the head admin account and
was responsible for creating and installing most of the stuff I have?
Do I have to go make *another* limited account and somehow transfer all
my docs and photos to *him*? What a pain!!

  • Re: How to crop a photo in Paint
    ... he white ears are being seen as part of the photos. ... happen if I attempted to install this hardware from the original Office ... You click on the Preview button and the scanning begins, then you get a crop tool to select exactly the area you want to keep and you click on the Scan button and now you get the final product. ... >> Can some one please tell me how to crop the white ears off my Photos? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Printers
    ... > My Epson Stylus Photo r200 prints great qulaity photos, ... It is a good idea to install generic from new, ... with the Epson originals. ...
    (uk.people.consumers)
  • Re: adding memory
    ... After scanning, we're burning to DVD because of limited disk space at this ... Most of the photos we're doing in tiff. ... DVD, Office 2k, PSPro, Nero, DVD burner and a USB scanner. ... just install the 1megand take out the 512. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Printer recognition problem
    ... while the scanner was in the USB port. ... If I copy photos onto the camera's memory card and plug it into the ... In device managerunder disk drives it is an Epson Stylus USB ... Don't install it with a memory card in it. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: eAOS
    ... IMHO the only reason to have this is the AOS award photos. ... really shouldn't say anything untill I install the program. ... I emailed the AOS and was informed that I needed that email. ... It has to be the most amateurish implementation of an embedded database ...
    (rec.gardens.orchids)