Re: Unable to run some programs (games) - Access Denied
- From: "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:51:23 -0400
John <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
I have windows xp home edition with SP2. I have a problem with running
certain games like Civilization III and Vampire the masqurade:
bloodlines. When i try to run the .exe file to these games i get:
"Access Denied" - Please login with administrator privileges and try
again. However, i'm able to run games likes Warcraft III and
Battlefield 2. I'm not having problems with running any other
I recently reinstalled windows, and i've had this problem ever since.
I only have one account, which i'm pretty sure has full administrator
rights, so i really don't understand what is wrong. I tried making
new accounts and run the .exe file with those accounts, but that
didn't work. I've scanned for spyware and viruses, with ad-aware,
spybot S&D and norman anti-virus and found nothing.
I tried searching the boards for a solution to fix my problem, but no
questions or answeres matched my case. Can someone tell me what i
need to do? Thanks in advance!
Check to see if your account is indeed a full administrator, instead of a
If it is, perhaps there's something wrong with the installation of the
games, and you should reinstall them.
- Prev by Date: Re: Aren't e-mail addresses unique?
- Next by Date: Re: Can't turn on Windows XP firwall
- Previous by thread: EFS - Lost Certificate, Access is denied
- Next by thread: Re: Power Users and Windows Updates