Re: Qoolaid spyware and general question

From: "Paully_d" <Paullyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| My pc seems to have gotten a nasty spyware Qoolaid that I can't seem to get
| rid of...norton, adaware, spybot - they say they get it and it comes right
| back. Can't open IE. Any suggestions?
| Also, I've noticed a bunch of things in my startup that I would like to know
| if they should be there e.g. "tgkill" or "BCMSMMSG.exe" - any thoughts on how
| I can tell if something is not something that I want on my computer.
| Lastly, Norton identified a bunch of files associated with this spyware but
| even when I get into safe mode (which took some doing) and I search the
| directories using the command line, I still don't see them. Any ideas how I
| can manually delete these? Thanks, in advance, for your help.
| I did see a previous posting on this and will try the software it suggested
| but any additional help would be appreciated.

Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

Create a HJT log file and post it in one of the below locations...

{ Please - Do NOT post the HJT Log here ! }

Forums where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.
NOTE: Registration is REQUIRED before posting a log
NOTE: Web sites NOT listed in any particular order

http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malware_Removal_HiJackThis_Logs_Go_Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum/index.php?showforum=170
http://forum.networktechs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showforum=17
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=18
http://forums.techguy.org/f54-s.html
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7
http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/index.php?showforum=18
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7
http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2
http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/
http://forums.security-central.us/forumdisplay.php?f=13
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: Good and Bad scanner SW
    ... David H. Lipman wrote: ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Create a HJT log file and post it in one of the below locations... ... Registration is not required in the below before posting a log ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Need help Pls..Is it a virus??
    ... You Cross-Post by putting the names of the multiple News Groups in the address location ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Create a HJT log file and post it in one of the below locations... ... Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: svchost virus
    ... | I do have a SMTP relay program running somewhere on my computer. ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Create a HJT log file and post it in one of the below locations... ... Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Good and Bad scanner SW
    ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Create a HJT log file and post it in one of the below locations... ... Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Virus Adds Registry Entrys
    ... | Anybody know of a virus they maybe doing this. ... Download and execute HiJack This! ... Create a HJT log file and post it in one of the below locations... ... Registration is REQUIRED in any of the below before posting a log ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)