Re: Desktop icons lost on startup
- From: Malke <notreally@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:10:21 -0700
Today when I started up my computer, I noticed that most of the icons on
desktop (primarily shortcuts) have been replaced with blank squares. The
icons are still functional, but the images that always appeared before are
Also, when I press Start, the icons that always appeared there have also
been replaced by the generic blank squares.
What happened, and how can I change this back to what it was?
I don't know what happened because I can't see your computer. As a quick
fix, try a System Restore to yesterday when presumably everything was
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
"Restore my computer to an earlier time"
If that doesn't work, come back with more details about your computer, what
changed between the time things worked, your antivirus/malware status, etc.
for focused help.
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers
- Prev by Date: Re: W32/Jeefo.A File Deletion Problem
- Next by Date: Re: Computer \\computername cannot be managed because it is not running Windows NT
- Previous by thread: Re: W32/Jeefo.A File Deletion Problem
- Next by thread: Re: Desktop icons lost on startup