Re: Changing the Path of Executable in Services.msc in WinXP SP2

You need to edit the registry to change that value.

By default it would be at
Image Path = %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

Yours seems to have a couple of %SystemRoot%\ appended.

Mark Dormer

"anoop" <anoop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I wanted to know that in Services.msc, how can I change the "Path
to executable" of any Service say "Windows Security Center". I have the
Windows Security Center "wscsvc" whose path to executable shows
%SystemRoot%\\%SystemRoot%\C:\Window\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvc. Now I
want to change this path to simple

C:\Window\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvc.
How do I do this. Please Help me
Thank you